Locked out of my S5

A

AC Question

Hey, I set a new pin on my phone, swapping from the fingerprint option, and now my phone wont let me in. I have typed the pin I set and a number of different combinations that I could have accidentally programmed but nothing is working....
How do I unlock my phone now when there is no 'unlock via Google' option??

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to AC :)
If there is no prompt to sign in with your Google account, I'd suggest going to a carrier store and seeing if they could help.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
... or try Google's Android Device Manager from your Google account and lock the screen with a new code.
If it is still enabled in Security settings by default it will work.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

LOL. I only lurk to answer these questions now. It's all I know!

I discovered the new lock override thing when I gave my back up Samsung out for 3 weeks, locked it remotely myself when I forgot to wipe it, then when I got it back. none of my default codes would get me back in. So I turned to my pc in desperation.
A lot of you guys knew it could do this all along!

Hope it works for the OP.
We should quote your ADM guide more.

Any more of these, send them to me.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know why there would be no prompt to use the Google account details to unlock, after several wrong PIN entries? That's rather worrying.

Posted via Android Central App

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
There are no prompts options with a pin code on my Samsung. You just get timed out for 30 seconds.

However putting a pattern lock asks you to set a pin as a back up, and if you cannot input a pattern after 5 attempts you get the choice of inputting the pin

OR

entering your Gmail and password instead.

Weird?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
There are no prompts options with a pin code on my Samsung. You just get timed out for 30 seconds.

However putting a pattern lock asks you to set a pin as a back up, and if you cannot input a pattern after 5 attempts you get the choice of inputting the pin

OR

entering your Gmail and password instead.

Weird?

He meant the G-Mail and password :p

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4