Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Unlock screen issues after restart

Hello everyone,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505), with latest update 4.4.2 KitKat.
    After i am restarting my phone, the unlock buttons on screen are changing position.
    If i am tapping my Sim PIN according to the position of buttons, it says wrong PIN. After 3 fails i have to enter the PUK code (which is normal) ..
    However, if i am tapping the PIN where the buttons should be, works like a charm. I have to mention that i have no problems with keyboard in sending messages, writing emails, landscape or portrait orientation, no problems with the digitizer, no problem at all. Only on the unlock screen.
    Second issue is with Viber, an issue that me and many people i know encounter. When you want to end the Viber call, and the screen is locked, you can't. The screen is black and not responding to the home button press or lock/unlock button. The soft keys are lit but nothing happens.

Any ideeas for those issues? Thank you!

P.S. (first print screen with problem, second one with correct position. On the wrong screen you can see that between the rows there is less space, message, clock, date and alarm are missing)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Unlock screen issues after restart-1.jpg   Unlock screen issues after restart-2.jpg  

Default Re: Unlock screen issues after restart

Try wiping the cache partition: http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-5744