an error message "Unfortunately settings has stopped"
i bought my micromax unite 2 A106 before week. it works on android 4.4.2 kitkat. Today i tried to access settings>about phone. When i tried to access it, it shows an error message "Unfortunately settings has stopped". pls suggest something.
- 08-28-2014, 11:42 PM #2
Re: an error message "Unfortunately settings has stopped"
Welcome to Android Central! Does that persist if you reboot? If so, see if you can boot into Safe Mode, which disables all 3rd party apps. This can help determine if there's a problem with your firmware, or if something you installed is causing problems.
This might not work, but give it a try:
1. While the phone is on, press and hold the Power button until the Power dialog box comes up.
2. Press and hold the Power Off selection until a Safe Boot option comes up.
3. Tap OK to Safe Boot, and wait until the phone reboots.
Now see if you can access Settings>About Phone. If you still can't, there's probably a problem with the firmware, and you may want to contact Micromax.
To get out of Safe Mode, just reboot the phone normally. If the battery is removable, you may want to pull the battery and wait about 10 seconds before booting back up.
- 12-23-2014, 03:01 PM #3
- 02-11-2015, 05:09 AM #4
- 02-11-2015, 07:30 AM #5
Welcome to the forums.🙋
In addition to the advice given above, try Settings, Apps, All, scroll to the Settings app, and select Clear Cache. If the cache is already at a minimum setting - 12kb - try also Settings, Storage, Cached Data, and wipe the cache there.
If still no go, try a system Cache Partition wipe in Recovery.
Posted via the Android Central App
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 08-29-2014, 12:34 PM
- By Desertnate in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 6Last Post: 08-29-2014, 11:52 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-28-2014, 06:18 AM
- By rolandountalan1578 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 08-28-2014, 05:18 AM
- By Kagemi in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 1Last Post: 08-28-2014, 04:47 AM