Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Faxing with galaxy note 2014 ed.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition with cellular capability. My tablet has a cellular phone number assigned to it since it has a cellular plan. Is there anyway to use that cell number to send and receive faxes? I was told the n u meet is just used as an identifier for the cellular network. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: faxing with galaxy note 2014 ed.

That is correct. While these tablets have mobile capability, they don't have phone communication capabilities. Remember waaaay back when there were data-only modems and then voice modems came out? Same principle. Your tablet is meant for mobile data traffic and it does connect to the cell network, but it's not a full-fledged phone. And while FAX does run on data, it does so on audio/electrical pulses, which makes you need the voice capability on a mobile device that has no wires to receive the electrical pulse train.

While I haven't seen an app that can do this (but I haven't really looked hehe), you could get FAX functions via WiFi Calling or VoIP.