Help - Transferring pictures from old phone that was dropped in water

A

AC Question

Daughter has a Samsung Note 3 that was dropped in water. The battery doesn't work & the phone will not hold a charge with a new battery. Received new phone & need assistance with transferring pictures from the old phone (dead-won't hold charge) to the new one.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Help - Transferring pictures from old phone

Well, I know this is not what you want to hear, but with a dead phone, there's not much you can actually do unless you backed up your pictures on the Cloud (which I STRONGLY suggest you start doing from now on if you haven't already) or stored them on an SD Card, there is just no way to save or transfer the data without a proper repair service. And even then, if there was water damage that might have short-circuited the internal memory chip, your pictures and data might be gone (worst case scenario, but it's a possibility you should get ready for).

For Cloud storage options, you have a bevvy of those. But since you mentioned the Note 3, that came with 50GB in Dropbox for, I believe, one or two years. You can also use Google Drive/Photos, and in this case, if you select the option to upload the pictures in Standard Size (it converts your pictures to a 3 MegaPixel equivalent, which are still pretty decent) they won't even count against your storage quota. You have Microsoft's SkyDrive or Box.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX