Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Angry How do I completely clear the chrome history?

Hi,

I just recently purchased an engagement ring for my girlfriend (soon to be fiancee!) and have started to make online payments. The problem is, I want this to be a big surprise for her and each time I get done with my online website (myonlineaccount.net), I go to my Chrome history page (open Chrome, Settings button, Click history, click the 'X' next to the website to remove it from history) to remove it from my browsing history. The issue is that when I go to type in "myonlineaccount.net," the webpage always pops up! The webpage does not specifically appear in my "History" tab (chrome://history/) but it always pops up the moment I start to type in "my..." into the chrome search bar.

When this happens, I always have to hold my finger over the url address and remove it from my browsing history. This way, it is at least removed from that viewing session, but the moment Chrome closes down and I remove the app from the recent list, it seems as though the 'memory' gets wiped and the moment the Chrome fires up again, I start to type in 'my..." and it's back!

I've manually removed the webpage from search bar (as above) countless times and I constantly am clearing my browser data (cache, cookies, site data, saved passwords and autofill data). No matter what I do, I cannot get this website to go away. Any and all tips are welcomed.

Thank you.

Default Re: How do I completely clear the chrome history?

Have you tried going into Chrome settings>privacy>at the very bottom of that page click on clear browsing data.This opens a page and give you options of what you want to clear out .
    When I do this I usually clear out Browsing history, Clear cache, and Clear cookies,site data.
    So the first 3 that show in that list .

Edit: it looks like you might have .But when I do that it completely clears browsing history