LG G3 Sound problems and SVoice issues

starlilies

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone! Lately, I have had 2 issues pop up that have been driving me crazy! I didn't find any forum threads with these problems, so I'm hoping someone can help me with these.

(1) Every so often (for no reason whatsoever), all my sound notifications will just stop working. No noise whatsoever will sound from my texts, calls, tweets, touchscreen, keyboard, or anything else that would make noise. The only way I can tell something is wrong is that the phone will vibrate when a message comes in (I have it set for both sound and vibration). But I have missed many important texts and calls because I didn't hear them come in. I constantly check all the volume levels just to be sure - and all of them are at max. The phone is not under any Do-Not-Disturb notification. Sometimes I can get the sound to work again by clicking the "sound" notification icon on my drop down screen (I'll click once for vibrate, again for mute, then the last one for the sound - which 95% of the time gets it to work). If I get no sound whatsoever, no matter what I try, I'll restart the phone and everything works fine again - until the next time. This happens randomly - some days the sound is working fine and other days, I have to recheck the sound every so often throughout the day. Any suggestions on what could be wrong?

(2) Out of the blue, my SVoice app has been starting up randomly. I have noticed it happen when my phone connected to my home WiFi the minute I got within home range even though I didn't ask it to do that. But it has also happened randomly while NOT within WiFi range - like when I was at work. I never use it, and don't like it. Is there any reason why it would be doing this? Maybe I need to disable it so that it won't start up on its own. I just want to be sure that disabling it will not affect any other apps or programs (like using the speaker when I make a call).

Any help for these would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!