Samsung Galaxy S III Mini?!

A

AC Question

Hello,

Recently my Samsung Galaxy S3 mini won't charge at all, sometimes the 1 vibration but still won't turn on. Took the original battery out and everything. Tried my sister's S3 mini battery and it worked immediately so I went and brought a new battery. Put it in and it works and put it on charge however it wouldn't charge and just died? Now it won't turn back on.

I've had the phone just under a year so still under warranty, but very worried I'll send it away and will be told it's water damage when I haven't dropped it in water or that sort.

Is there a sticker to check if it's water damaged and if it isn't, what could be the problem?

keid

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
My sister and I use the same chargers and I charge the batteries on my sister's phone and once they're charged I put them into my phone to use.

I checked for water damage but my batteries and my sister's doesn't seem to have the stickers?

Before we sent it away for repair, I've plugged the charger in. Before it wouldn't detect the charger but it did recently however the phone wouldn't take any charge on although it says it is, the percentage would just get lower.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I see that you've now joined us as a member, so Welcome!

I don't know why the batteries of the two phones don't have the water damage indicators, unless they're not Samsung batteries.
I think that the reason that you are unable to charge your phone, and have to use a battery in it which you have charged in your sister's phone, may be that the USB port, or possibly associated circuitry, of your phone, could be damaged. It may simply be that the USB port needs cleaning, however....see if it has become clogged with dust or fluff which may be causing a faulty electrical connection when you try to use the charger.

Posted via Android Central App

keid

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
Finally a member! :D

It was odd that they didn't have stickers even though that's what they came in. Hopefully it's nothing too bad, just hoping it won't be water damage as tight on money and warranty won't cover that. Could the damage to circuit or port be covered by warranty and occurred by dropping the phone?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
If it is damage to the USB port etc., however caused, I can imagine that they might be inclined to assume you've been too rough plugging the lead in or something and decline to repair under warranty, but I don't know. It might be best to make some enquiries first rather than send it off and hope for a free repair.

Edit. I don't think USB ports are normally covered. It usually counts as user damage I believe.
Also, have a read of this, if you can bring yourself to plough through so much small print AND stay awake.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ce%2Fwarranty%2FETA0U61JBEGSTA&token=S_rEAqpu

Well the best of luck with your phone anyway.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

keid

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
ah it's been sent away :( I think it may be the circuit as it can detect that the charger is there but just won't charge. Hopefully it's nothing too bad and will update what they say soon. Thank you for all your help :)