how to transfer files from galaxy s3 with broken screen.

A

AC Question

Hello!
My screen and digitizer is broken on my s3. :-(((( I connected mhl cable to phone and into tv using hdmi and saw lock screen so phone is still working but i couldn't unlock it.

I unlocked phone screen using find my mobile on the samsung site. I was sooo happy. i connected the hdmi and a usb mouse but the mouse wouldn't work!!!! I swapped it for a usb keyboard too, but no joy.

have i any way of getting into my phone??? there are memos in there i really want to see again.

thanks so much in advance xxx

firm ware on kies?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you could unlock your phone, then you can just plug it to a PC and back things up in there. If it´s files, just browse for them like you would on a regular external drive. If it's stuff like contacts or SMS, then you'll need to use Samsung Kies to perform the backup operation.

There´s also another vodoo option, but this requires your S-Voice to be activated and functional (If you double press the Home Button, are you able to launch applications with your voice?). There´s a program called SideSync 3, it's Samsung's software, and basically you install the client on your PC, go to the Play Store and look for the same app but for your phone (you should be able to remote-install it via browser). When everything is set up, connect your phone to your PC via USB and fire up S-Voice. There, say "Run SideSync" . If all goes well, SideSync should open on your phone and you can do one of two things on your PC. One, share your computer keyboard and mouse to manipulate your phone or Two, actually see your phone's screen on your PC and manipulate it with your mouse and keyboard, just like any other app in your computer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non