Voice is not heard clearly on the other side on skype, hang out on my samsung galaxy S4

A

AC Question

Voice is not heard clearly on the other side on skype, hang out on my samsung galaxy S4 - people on the other side say I am heard like a mickey mouse. My regular voice calls are fine- Viber is also OKAY. But on skype and hang outs, people laugh thinking that i have put some sound modifcation .

DJINDIA

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I am also facing the same problem. i purchased recently Galaxy S5 - dual sim.

The video quality is also very poor as compared to the quality in Galaxy S4 and iphone while using the same wifi connection.

Also the photo shoot is not good as compared to Galaxy S4 & iphone.

can anyone help please?

thank you very much
k

John Means

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Mine does this also, found the following advice online a while back it worked for me. I don't remember where I found it or I'd give cred. on your phone go to google, go to settings, go to voice, click "Ok Google" Detection. uncheck the "From any screen" box. (it seems to re-check itself every few months) your voice should now be clear on Skype and Hangouts. I don't know what the underlying problem is, you should be able to have this setting selected, it's real convenient... but so is sounding human. if anyone finds out what you need to do to be able to have Ok google from any screen and a human voice on Skype on these affected phones, holler.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If the phone is under warranty, my standard advice is ... have the phone replaced. You paid for a replacement warranty (it's figured into the price) so let the manufacturer worry about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol