Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Exclamation Samsung Galaxy S3 not charging

Similar to others, I have had problems for about a month and a half with my phone charging. At first I though it was a charger problem. I would sometimes get the red X over my battery image and would randomly take forever to charge. I got a brand new charger and it seemed to work great at first but then a 2-3 weeks later the problems have increased and now just in the past two days I can't get it to charge at all now. I've tried other chargers and nothing will work, so I have had to take out my battery and put it in someone else's Samsung Galaxy S3 to charge. I assume it's a problem with the charging port... I have read on these forums that other people are having the same problems. What can I do besides ditch my phone? Is there any other way to save my device?

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 not charging

If it is indeed a bad charging port, the only thing you could really do other than sending it in for replacement is to buy a spare battery for your phone and just swap them out whenever your phone dies.
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan