Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts

Default Huawei Ascend Mate2 camera vs Xperia Z2 camera?

Hi, Android Central! I'm in the market for an unlocked GSM phone to use on T-Mobile's network. Camera is absolutely the most important attribute. I've read that the Galaxy S5 and Xperia Z2 both have very good cameras. But I've had a Galaxy S3 for 2 years and am really ready for a break from Samsung. So, unless the S5's camera is head and shoulders above the competition, I'm rather not buy it. I've been looking hard at the Z2; though a friend of mine who owns one has said that he normally leaves it set to 8MP, rather than 20MP. He thinks that setting delivers better photos, that the 20MP setting is more of a gimmick than actually useful.

And then I've been recommended the Ascend Mate2 as an all-around great, well-priced phone.

Can anyone recommend the phone with the strongest camera of this bunch? And please let me know if there are other options I should consider!

Thanks!!

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Huawei Ascend Mate2 camera vs Xperia Z2 camera?

Haven't actually seen any shots from the Z2, but the GS5 definitely has a great camera. Huawei, while they may have a good camera, their support for phones isn't great so I can't really recommend one of their devices.
    The 8 MP setting is fine for most situations. Unless you plan on blowing the photos up or zooming up close to your subject, 20MP isn't going to make much of a difference. It's just going to take up a ton of storage.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts

Thanks for the heads up on Huawei -- that's definitely an important point.

Hopefully other people can chime in about the camera on the S5 vs the Z2.

I own a Mate 2 and I love it.

Posted via the Android Central App