Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default I installed the wrong ROM

Hi, I am new in this of ROMs and I completely screwed up. I have a Moto G Forte Xt1008 but as the Bootloader unlocking and the root of Moto G Xt1032 worked fine in my android I thought "It will be no problem installing the ROM, so I installed the "cm-11-20140121-UNOFFICIAL-xt1033" with cmw recovery and I did a backup just in case. I install the ROM but at the begining the system launched an error "Unfortunately, Process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly" so many times and so quickly that I couldn't be able to proceed to the basic configuration. So I restore the backup and researched for info and I found in a forum that recomend to use the TWRP recovery to fix that error message. I tried again with that recovery but I forgot to do a back up (I thought that the backup of cwm will be there, but I think the wipe data erase it). The outcome was the same "Unfortunately, Process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly". When I tried to restore the system I realize that I didn't do the back up in TWRP.

So, that is my problem. I can't restore the system by SD Card because the moto G don't have SD card slot. And I can't send it to the internal storage because it needs debugging and developer options activated but I can't go father than the language screen when my android starts, I think that when the cyanogenMod was installed that options were desactivated. I see that some times removing the battery works but in my moto G isn't removable. I don't know what to do, thats because I'm here.

1. I know about some microUSB external memories. I don't know if I can download there the factory image and restore it with the TWRP recovery (that works fine) and I don't know if this microUSB memory can be opened by the recovery like an SD Card considering that the moto G don't have slot for SD Cards and the debugging and developer options are desactivated.

I don't know what to do, I hope you can help me or tell me that is no solution for forget it and save me hours of extensive search.