Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    snorrow

Default my htc one m8 got water damged and now the phone keeps vibrating and the screen wont turn on

I spilled some water on my htc one m8 by mistake then the screen went off and the phone won't stop vibrating ..please help me
  2. Best Answer

Take a look at this from one of our members:

http://androidforums.com/faqs/815124...-try-save.html

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: my htc one m8 got water damged and now the phone keeps vibrating and the screen wont turn on

Take a look at this from one of our members:

http://androidforums.com/faqs/815124...-try-save.html

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: my htc one m8 got water damged and now the phone keeps vibrating and the screen wont turn on

My HTC One fell into a (clean) toilet 2 nights ago, while coincidentally also at 1% battery life. I'm not the patient type, so as soon as I got home I plugged it in to see if I'd killed it. Not dead, so I put it in rice overnight. Again, not patient, so I plugged it back in in the morning to get enough of a charge to power it up and see what the damage was. Everything worked - only problem was some sporadic vibration. I continued to use my phone, in a clear baggie filled with desiccants. The vibration was initially sporadic, but then it progressed to a constant vibration. Still going strong - it keeps vibrating even when "powered off." I've backed up my data, so I think I am going to let it fully deplete its charge, just to get some relief from the vibration. Currently vibrating in a baggie of silicone cat litter.

ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

The impurities in the water do two things - etch the metal and create shorts. Drying the phone doesn't remove the impurities, it only removes the H2O. The impurities remain and whenever the humidity in the phone is greater than 0% (IOW, when it's within the atmosphere of the planet), they keep working, producing more shorts and etching more metal. Eventually the phone dies. (Random vibration after a phone gets wet is a pretty good sign that, unless you want to spend a lot of money replacing parts, the phone is unrepairable. The motherboard has shorts, at the very least, and has to be replaced. It may pay to repair a One M8 - it'll cost you $600-$700 to replace.)