LG G3 does not multitask.
I recently purchased an LG G3 16GB/2 RAM and it doesnt seem to be able to multitask between apps. I cant switch from an app, say youtube, to any other app that i have had open, say facebook, without the app im trying to switch to reloading the page. It happens with some big name apps such as facebook, google chrome, candy crush, etc. Is this normal or is there something wrong/that i can do with my phone to fix the issue?
- 08-29-2014, 04:58 PM #2
Re: LG G3 does not multitask.
Welcome to Android Central! Android doesn't technically multitask. If you switch from one app to another, the one you left will be become a background process, and essentially pause (unless it has an associated background service that is designed to keep functioning after leaving the app, like a music player). If you go back to the first app, then that app becomes the foreground process and starts working again. Depending on how big the various open apps are in RAM, and how much RAM the system needs to allocate, the system might close certain apps after you leave them (like, for example if you decide to open a big app like a complex game). So when you try to go back to the first app, the system may have to open it all over again.
Here's a good discussion on processes and services: HTG Explains: How Android Manages Processes
- By DGehman72 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 8Last Post: 08-29-2014, 01:06 PM
- By cindy galpin in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-29-2014, 10:44 AM
- By Unregistered in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-29-2014, 10:06 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-29-2014, 07:07 AM
- By Unregistered in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-29-2014, 06:59 AM