CHOOSE ACTION MENU keeps popping up when i tryGo save images

A

androiduser1019

Whenever I use my google chrome app to look at images it will usually let me save the ones i want on my gallery. But for some reason after 30 some pictures it began asking me to choose an option with a menu that says CHOOSE ACTION USING...and then lists ridiculous things like sound recorder and camera and gallery instead of downloading it when i click Save Image after tap and holding the picture. I tried clicking the gallery option... does NOTHING. I tried restarting my phone...does NOTHING. I tried removing the updates from google chrome and ive also tried saving the picture while its not zoomed in but by holding down the smaller image and it worked for about 3 or 4 pics and then the same stupid CHOOSE ACTION USING menu pops up again... HELP PLEASE!!!!!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to AC :)
Does it only happen once you start downloading? When you get the "perform action using" prompt, is there an option to select Chrome?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
And yes its only when i try to save/download them to my gallery! D:

Posted via the Android Central App

Oh, OK. Like mentioned above, select the Gallery and click on the always use button. It should go away after that.
That's just for knowing what you want your default app to be.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
But thats the thing. It pops up and doesnt have that option. Its just there and wont do anything but open my gallery when i select it and wont even save the picture

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-29-11-21-55.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-08-29-11-21-55.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 4

Barbarroja

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Is there a solution? Today I was downloading normaly. But then it started not downlaoding images. It opens the Choose Action Menu and doesn't save images. the gallery option does nothing and it isn't about default app tonuse.

Edit: Tried clearing caches, Chrome is updated and reseted apps to no avail.

Last edited:

Zain Abbas4

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Go to your download folder. If chrome has been saving the files as "unnamed" and the count has reached 100 it tries to overwrite the first one. It fails and prompts a message to choose action. It happens in ubantu/linux as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith