Samsung S3 email suddenly using huge amounts of data.
About a month or more ago, my phone started to give notifications of emails repeatedly. It has been annoying, but couldn't figure out how to stop it. Now my bill with the carrier has jumped due to an increase of five times the data usage. Is there somewhere in settings where I can solve this problem with my phone?
- 08-29-2014, 01:23 PM #2
I wonder whether one account is trying to sync with another over and over, unsuccessfully. In any event, try Settings, Apps, All, scroll to Email, clear cache and data, Force Stop. Then Power Off the phone and Restart. Let us know if that fixes it.
Check also that your email settings, one of the options found by opening the 3-dot menu in the Email app, are appropriate for your needs.
Also, it may be a good idea to go to Settings, Mobile Data, and use the sliders to set limits to mobile data consumption. The warning setting justs warns you but doesn't stop the use of data, and, perhaps set a bit higher, the stop setting will cut off data use when the limit is reached.
Posted via Android Central App
- 08-29-2014, 02:14 PM #3
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 08-31-2014, 01:58 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-29-2014, 07:22 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-29-2014, 05:38 PM
- By JeffDenver in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-29-2014, 10:12 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-29-2014, 09:28 AM