Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Flickering screen after manufacturers logo

Hi i recently purchased a Gemini 9.7" JoyTab and well its just not working. when it starts up the manufacturers logo shows fine so its not a screen problem, then after a few seconds when android is suppose to boot up the screen flickers black and white with lines running up and down the screen then shuts off. also when it turns off it makes a click noise. i have tried to reset using the hole with a pin and even the volume button & power button combination but theres no response it just starts up like normal then crashes again. Anyone know what this could be?

Global Posts
    8,892 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Flickering screen after manufacturers logo

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    Hi i recently purchased a Gemini 9.7" JoyTab and well its just not working. when it starts up the manufacturers logo shows fine so its not a screen problem, then after a few seconds when android is suppose to boot up the screen flickers black and white with lines running up and down the screen then shuts off. also when it turns off it makes a click noise. i have tried to reset using the hole with a pin and even the volume button & power button combination but theres no response it just starts up like normal then crashes again. Anyone know what this could be?
    Welcome to AC
    Sounds like a defective device. Where did you buy it?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

I got it from a company called Very. they are refusing to send it to get repaired and Gemini are not allowing it to be sent back unless it is through very. the tablet worked for around 2 days then i noticed the distortion and lines would appear now and then, now it just doing it constantly. i thought it was the connection to the screen but the Gemini logo comes up fine then as soon as it changes to the android logo it just flickers with the lines again and shuts off, its really confusing me what it is.

Global Posts
    8,892 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by acoreyr View Post
    I got it from a company called Very. they are refusing to send it to get repaired and Gemini are not allowing it to be sent back unless it is through very. the tablet worked for around 2 days then i noticed the distortion and lines would appear now and then, now it just doing it constantly. i thought it was the connection to the screen but the Gemini logo comes up fine then as soon as it changes to the android logo it just flickers with the lines again and shuts off, its really confusing me what it is.
    Why are they refusing to send it out for repair?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Very are saying its Gemini's problem and Gemini are saying its Very's problem. both companies are refusing to have the item returned and repaired so im just trying to see if i can get the issue solved before i end up paying £40 for the repair.