Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default help galaxy note 2 wont boot past the first screen

when i got the phone i tried to root it but messed up. the screen would zoom in and out on the screen that says samsung galaxy note 2. i took the battery out and turned it back on and it worked, but the root didnt work so i just stopped after that. i tried to update to kik kat and it just messed up from there. the phone wouldnt boot past the att world screen. so i tried to flash stock firmware using odin. i did it the first time and it just changed the current binary to samsung offical, but system status still said custom. then i tried a different file and it worked it changed current binary to custom again, but it started to install the stock firmware and it turned on and was working great. i tried to update it again to kik kat and it downloaded the update and installed it. it booted up but never passed the the screen that says samsung galaxy note 2. so i tried to flash it again but when its finished in odin it just boots up to the first screen right away. what do i do? i can still get it in download mode.

Global Posts
    13,381 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: help galaxy note 2 wont boot past the first screen

Can you get it into recovery? If so, clear cache and see if that helps. Let us know.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

no i can not put it in recovery mode. when i try then phone just boots up and stays on the screen
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

no i cant get it in recovery