Samsung Galaxy Avant compared to HTC One S

Flyerboy10

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I've had an HTC One S for quite some time now and have liked it for the most part but it is getting old and crashing more. I'm looking to get a new phone but am on a budget. One phone that sticks out is the Galaxy Avant. I'm not the best with phone specs or other things like that so i'm looking for advice. How does the performance of the Avant compared to my One S? Is the Avant the better phone or is what I have better? Thanks!!!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to AC :)
I just checked the price for the Avant, and for that I'd say you'd be far better off with a Moto G. TouchWiz slows a lot of Samsung's mid range phones down, so even if the specs are comparable or better, it will usually perform worse than similar phones. The Moto G is the best phone you can get for under $300. If you wouldn't mind paying a bit more, the Nexus 5 and Moto X are also great devices.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
The Galaxy Avant is a good phone. You be purchasing at full price or on contract with a discount? There are better spec'd phones available at good prices on contract. If you are looking to by at full price then there may be better phones for just a little more money. Let us know what you are doing and we'll try and recommend some alternatives.