Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Unhappy Help please - HTC One SV stuck in reboot, recovery and factory reset not working

Hi,

My HTC One SV is having major issues with getting stuck on the white HTC logo screen during booting up. This is the 3rd time in a week. The previous 2 times, I was able to get it to switch on (eventually) by using the bootloader and then selecting recovery. However, this time I've done it about 15 times, and nothing is happening. I've also done the factory reset from the bootloader screen, and I'm not sure if it didn't work, or if I didn't do it properly, but still stuck on the white logo screen. I have seen on a lot of threads people saying things about ROM and RUU, or asking if it's rooted, but I've gotta say, I have no idea what any of that means! If you can help, it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

If the battery is removable, take it out for a while...overnight would be convenient perhaps.
    If you can then get into Recovery Mode, perform a Cache Partition wipe...I don't know whether Factory Resetting does this at the same time, but you say you may have failed to do the Factory Reset properly.

By the way I suppose you're aware that a Factory Reset wipes your personal data from the phone? (A Cache Partition wipe doesn't.)

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Help please - HTC One SV stuck in reboot, recovery and factory reset not working

Hi, thank you for your quick reply! I don't have the option to do a Cache Partition wipe, it gives me one for 'Clear Storage', is this a similar thing? (sorry, I'm a total novice when it comes to all this stuff). I've got all my personal data from the phone saved down on my laptop, so that's fine if it erases my personal data. Thank you

Default Re: Help please - HTC One SV stuck in reboot, recovery and factory reset not working

I'm sorry, I don't know what the 'Clear Storage' option is referring to, so don't proceed with that on my account. Since you're in Recovery, and have already tried a Factory Reset and therefore are presumably happy to do so, you might as well try that again. However I have heard of the problem you refer to not being fixed by that, as well as sometimes being fixed, so don't expect too much.
    If you do try, and still no go, let us know and we'll think of something else.

Posted via Android Central App