Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Moto X APN Issue! Help please!

I have a Verizon Moto X that was unlocked to be used on both CDMA and GSM/UMTS. It is not rooted. I have been using it for 2 months now on Straight Talk and I have service! I can make calls, send texts. BUT.... I can't use any data! None. Nada. I have tried to edit APN settings to what is suggested to work by several people using Verizon phones on GSM/Straight Talk. This phone will not let me edit the "mnc" to anything other than what it was originally set as: 330. I can edit anything else and the settings save, but I still have no data. When I try to change the mnc, it will delete the entire settings I have made and go back to default. I have downloaded APN managers and they won't even launch to open. They just crash when in the process of changing the mnc. Will rooting the phone help me with this issue? ANYTHING to help would be amazing. I am so tired of having a wifi-only device with such great potential I haven't been able to use. Thanks