Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Inx911

Default Galaxy S4 Screenshots Blurry

Hello, this is my first time asking in the forums. But anyway, so before when I take screenshots of text based pages or some images the picture is very clear (like I was looking at that webpage in real time). But recently my screenshots have gotten blurry, and this is seen in my gallery. Even my old screenshots are now blurry. Can anyone tell me what is wrong? Is there a way to fix it? Thank you for taking the time to read over my problem.

Default Re: Galaxy S4 Screenshots Blurry

Is it only the screenshots that are blurry? No photos?

Posted via Android Central App

Welcome to Android Central! Can you tell us what resolution the screenshots are in? Go to your Gallery, select a screenshot, and look at the Details or Properties. Do they seem very low resolution?

The pictures are fine, high quality resolution. Its just the screen shots.

The resolution of one of the images is 1080x1920 in PNG format and size 304 KB. Which should be a good quality.

You could try going to the App Manager, selecting Gallery, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Now open Gallery again, and wait for the thumbnails to repopulate. Any improvement?

Tried clearing the cache data and then forced stop. I opened my gallery and the screenshots are still the same.and the ones I take after the suggestion, I get the same quality. Does clearing the data erase all my photos?

Thanks for all the help.

This is happening to my s4 too since the new update with kids mode added. This update has done all sorts to my phone it's awful. Phone keeps freezing apps crashing etc

This is also happenning on my galaxy s4... is there any fix for this???

Quote Originally Posted by Inx911 View Post
    Hello, this is my first time asking in the forums. But anyway, so before when I take screenshots of text based pages or some images the picture is very clear (like I was looking at that webpage in real time). But recently my screenshots have gotten blurry, and this is seen in my gallery. Even my old screenshots are now blurry. Can anyone tell me what is wrong? Is there a way to fix it? Thank you for taking the time to read over my problem.
    This is also happening on my galaxy s4... Is there any fix for this???

Yeah, facing the same problem here....all screenshots blurry in my gallery app...although it shows fine in my desktop...

Any solution please?

Ok so for some reason the problem is gone now and this is what I think fixed it. But not positive it will work. My phone was holding more than 80% of its memory capacity. So I got a lot of my files into an sd card. Then it was down to 60%. When I checked the screen shots, all of it was clear. I am guessing the images were just compressed. Thank you for helping me in any case!