Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Google Nexus 5 Cracked Screen

I've fallen down with nexus 5 in my front pocket onto it. It was kinda pinned from the back (not directly the screen) and deformation cracked the screen (through the place where battery is placed) from inside of it. Would you suggest me to buy a new screen/digitizer?... What if the deformation damaged something else other than the screen/digitizer? What is the chance of the phone to work having changed the screen/digitizer or it will be just a waste of money&effort?..

I'll be making a decision whether or not to order a new screen via internet - based on your comments.

Thanks,
    Tural

Default Re: Google Nexus 5 Cracked Screen

It's not possible for anyone here to know what other damage may have been done, although we'd like to have such an ability. You will have to decide😕. Since the Nexus 5 is available quite cheaply, you may even consider buying a new one.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    TuralJ 

Thanks for comment. I don't really want to spend 80-100$ to check if I can fix it and extra 350% to buy a new one. And don't either have an appetite to buy a new one thinking that there was a chance to repair the old one...

Maybe I can try to put an image of the phone which might help you see how serious is the damage.
    I don't have it here with me. Can share in a couple of days if it helps.

Thanks,
    Tural
    Thanked by:

I see that you've joined as a member...Welcome!

The reason that it's difficult to advise, is that here on the forums we hear from people who have damaged their screens and then replaced them themselves. Afterwards the phones still don't work and it's difficult for them and us to know whether it's because they did the repair badly, or because there was other, hidden damage to the phone.

At the same time of course, there are others who replace their screens successfully, proving that the problem was only with the damaged screen, and that they carried out the replacement successfully.

Yes, by all means send a photo and we'll have a go at judging the likely extent of the damage.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    TuralJ 

Google Nexus 5 Cracked Screen-20140904_161332.jpgGoogle Nexus 5 Cracked Screen-20140904_161411.jpgGoogle Nexus 5 Cracked Screen-20140904_161421.jpgGoogle Nexus 5 Cracked Screen-20140904_161447.jpgGoogle Nexus 5 Cracked Screen-20140904_161620.jpgGoogle Nexus 5 Cracked Screen-20140904_161647.jpgGoogle Nexus 5 Cracked Screen-20140904_162356.jpg

Here you go.. Thanks in advance!

Tosu

Anybody has a comment on this?? I want to order a screen with a digitizer? Is this a good idea? What is the likelihood of getting it back to working condition?

Your comments are highly appreciated. Please see above the images of the phone.

Thanks,
    Tosu