since few days am facing a problem with my smart phone, i couldn't download any new app or update the present app. it shows a message, ''Error downloading, there is insufficient space on the device" but i have 145 MB free in device memory and 10 GB free in SD. do no how to deal with it, kindly someone help me!
- 08-30-2014, 10:26 AM #2
- 08-31-2014, 02:05 AM #3
Welcome to Android Central! 145 MB isn't much, so that's why you're getting the errors. The system has a certain threshold of storage memory below which it won't let you install anything. And remember that an app's filesize reported in Google Play doesn't represent the storage that it takes up when fully installed--like Windows programs, the full app is usually significantly larger than the installer's filesize. The external SD card doesn't help you, because apps have to be downloaded and installed into Internal Storage first before possibly being able to move to SD (and it's usually just a portion of the app that can be moved, if at all).
Review this guide and see if the tips help: [GUIDE] Android Memory and How to Deal with Low Memory Warnings
- By nicekhj1 in forum IntroductionsReplies: 11Last Post: 08-31-2014, 09:03 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-29-2014, 07:30 PM
- By ukbuk in forum IntroductionsReplies: 13Last Post: 08-27-2014, 11:42 AM
- By nicekhj1 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 0Last Post: 08-26-2014, 10:17 PM
- By givemefive56 in forum IntroductionsReplies: 9Last Post: 08-26-2014, 12:19 PM