Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Google play store app showing in strange symbols

On my phone instead of Google Play Store on my Galaxy phone it shows [Play Store one two] (the words "Play Store" were in some sort of weird symbol font.) I tried to look for an app for the Play Store on Google to see if I could replace it, but when trying to install it, instead of saying "Verify and install", the choice was [Verify and install], but it was in the same symbol font and it had the words "one two three" next to it.
    This also happens inside the Play Store. Just about everything (for example, it would say [Store home one two], with "store home" in the symbol font) is in the weird symbol font and is in [brackets].

Default Re: Google play store app showing in strange symbols

Welcome to Android Central! Which Galaxy phone do you have? What region of the world are you in?

Go to Settings>Language & Input​, and make sure the default language is correct for you.

Default Re: Google play store app showing in strange symbols

I'm having the same problem. I don't see a place to change a language under settings. Which settings are you going to? How do you get there? I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note and am in US.