Widget - Can't find widget on home page

A

AC Question

Tried to put a widget on the home screen (Android 4.1.2) in the conventional manner - drag and drop, but when I released the widget it didn't appear. OK...so maybe I was off to the side or something so I tried again. This time I get a pop up window that says something like "The widget is already on the home page. Do you want to do it again?" So I let it go and the widget appears. So the question is: where's the first one I dragged to the desktop? I tried moving all of the other icons on the screen and the one I tried to place there in the first place is no where to be found.

How can I show every icon that's supposed to be on the home page?

Would uninstalling then reinstalling that particular app delete all widgets etc. from the phone?

All suggestions are appreciated?

EnzoS

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What device do you have? This kind of glitch can happen from time to time. If the performance otherwise seems normal, there's probably no need to look for it. Otherwise, the best way to take care of it would probably be to clear out the Launcher data and set up the homescreens again. Go to Settings>Apps>All, select the launcher (which might be called Launcher, Home, TouchWiz, HTC Sense, or something else depending on your device), and Clear Cache/Clear Data. When you go back to the homescreen, it will be a clean slate, and you'll have to set it up again to your preference.

EnzoS

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi again and thank you for responding to my query so quickly.

The device in question is the wife's little Virgin Mobile Samsung Galaxy Ring. I've been told that its' the same as the Galaxy S3 Mini.

I will definitely give your recommendation a try. I have the phone with me right now and I didn't find anything titled: "Home" specifically but did find something labeled: "Home screen tips". Don't think that's it mainly because it has no size (kb, Mb), no cache, or data. Every thing listed is 0B So, I think it's got to be "TouchWiz home" (considering it's a Samsung).

So, my next question's gotta be: will clearing of the cache and data of TouchWiz Home ONLY affect the home screen(s) layout?

TIA,

EnzoS

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
TouchWiz Home is correct. Clearing its data should only affect the homescreen setup.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21