Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default htc one mini 2 speaker issue

on my second one mini 2 and have the same issue with it the main speakers are not working for any music/game/notification when the headphones are un plugged all of the above however do work through the headphones ....if i do a reset on the phone it works again but only for a week or so ....its seems to go silent when i start to download apps from play store as ive not downloaded any apps from outside sources ...is there a fix/update available for this or is it back to htc once again ????

Default Re: htc one mini 2 speaker issue

Welcome to Android Central! That's usually due to a defective headphone jack. But maybe something you installed keeps causing this problem. Try booting into Safe Mode, which disables all 3rd party apps: Power the Device Up in Safe Mode - HTC One® remix. If the problem goes away, then something you installed is the culprit, and you may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's probably a hardware problem.