Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Question HTC One (1st Gen) - Earbuds with music playback controls?

Hello,

Recently, I was given a pair of the free white earbuds that come with the Samsung Galaxy S5. The audio quality wasn't anything special, but I noticed that the "plus" and "minus" buttons on the earbuds could be used to control the music app on my HTC One phone. Specifically, the plus button would go forward one song, while the minus button would go back. I fell in love with this capability, but recently lost track of that pair or earphones.

It's strange because I'm pretty sure those buttons are meant to control volume on the S5, rather than music playback. Obviously, something behaves differently on the HTC One, but my hope is that there are other headsets out there that purposely take advantage of that capability.

Can anyone recommend a set of earbuds with decent audio quality that include playback buttons compatible with my phone? I'd like to stay under $40 for my "on the run" earbuds. A built in mic is optional - the main purpose is for music.

Thanks in advance,
    Alec