Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Chomp SMS Delivery Reports

I turned on delivery reports for Chomp SMS and beside every text I send it shows three yellow dots and never a checkmark. This is a problem because sometimes my texts don't send and I can't tell until someone asks me why I haven't texted back. Is there a way to fix this?

Default Re: Chomp SMS Delivery Reports

What carrier do you use? I use Verizon and also notice this same issue. However, if I open one of the other SMS apps on my phone, such as the stock messaging app, Hangouts, etc, the messages do show as delivered.

I emailed Chomp support and was told that it is because the carrier doesn't send the report as requested. I responded with the above info about being able to see them as "delivered" in any other app I use, but Chomp only ever shows as "pending". They said that I need to not use other apps. So, their support for this is basically non-existent. They know about the issue and they know it is related to their app only, but don't seem to care I guess....

20,893 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,895 Global Posts
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

Default Re: Chomp SMS Delivery Reports

The SMS protocol doesn't specify a delivery report, so anyone writing an SMS app is free to make the app respond to the request or not. It's not related to the sending app, it's related to the receiving app. If I write an SMS app that ignores requests for delivery reports, you won't get one. (The carrier can send back a report that it sent the message to the phone, but the app in the phone has to send back a message that you opened the message.)