I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy Ring, I know not the best phone but needed something and the price was right. When I did the initial set up on it Google backed up some old pictures that I didn't want on there, it took me some time but I finally figured out how to get rid on them. The problem is that is you go into settings and look at the storage it shows 271 megabytes of photos still there. In reality there are only 20 actual photos on the phone, everything else is on the micro SD card. I have got to be missing something, but I have no clue as to what it is. Help!!!
- 08-31-2014, 12:32 AM #2
Re: Storage Problem
Welcome to Android Central! Those photos might be thumbnails that the system builds up while surfing the web. You can check by using a file manager like ES File Explorer, going to the /DCIM folder, and looking for the .thumbnails folder. Mine currently has 784 MB. You could try deleting those thumbnails, but during the normal course of using your phone, they will build up again. If you're not having any memory issues, I'd leave them alone.
- By gaaaaaaaaabriel in forum Sony Xperia Z2Replies: 2Last Post: 08-31-2014, 09:33 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-31-2014, 12:08 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-30-2014, 11:30 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-30-2014, 03:45 PM
- By asis217 in forum LG G3Replies: 0Last Post: 08-30-2014, 02:34 PM