Galaxy S5 battery drain over night
I just got this phone about a week ago and now I've been having batter issues at night. For instance, I asked someone and they said to turn off auto updates because that might be the problem so I did and last night when I went to bed, it was at 72% and the about 5 am, I got woken up by the lovely sound of the low battery alert so something is wrong. I did notice my stats say Android OS at 41% and Android System at 14%and Google Play at 14%. Any thoughts before I dump this phone? I got it so I wouldn't be tethered to a cord all the time.
- 08-31-2014, 09:28 AM #2
A Soft Reset may cure the problem temporarily.
Is your location reporting set to GPS? Battery Saving mode will help.
A third-party app may be draining the battery in the background....if you can think of a likely culprit, try uninstalling it. Safe Mode may be worth considering if you can't think of an obvious culprit:
Posted via Android Central App
- By Bacchus17 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 10-28-2014, 05:42 PM
- By marselisgn3 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 2Last Post: 09-03-2014, 06:18 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-31-2014, 08:22 PM
- By mornstein in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 1Last Post: 08-31-2014, 01:41 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-31-2014, 08:51 AM