- 116 Posts
Does weather widget eat a lot of battery life?
I have a GS5 and would like to know if enabling weather reduces battery life by a lot, or only a little.
If so, does only enabling WiFi and Mobile Data to track weather greatly reduce its battery drainage, or does enabling only GPS the one I should have? (Or does it still drain battery life so much that I shouldn't even bother having weather enabled?)
I really like the weather app, it makes me a greater predictor on whether me and my friends should go out and play volleyball or not. I am just not sure if having it updated every 12 hours is worth it or not.
Thank you for taking the time to read this post, and thank you in advance for the answer!
P.S. I am keeping the widget until I get a valid answer
- 08-31-2014, 10:27 AM #2
Re: Does weather widget eat a lot of battery life?
not usually. i set my weather widgets to update every 30 minutes.
i like this widget for Hourly Weather showing the next 12 hours by hour -
eWeatherHD, NOAA Radar, Alerts
Elecont software - June 4, 2014
- By rajnet in forum Samsung Galaxy GearReplies: 1Last Post: 09-08-2014, 08:37 PM
- By marselisgn3 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 2Last Post: 09-03-2014, 05:18 AM
- By S_Alex in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 5Last Post: 08-31-2014, 09:26 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-31-2014, 09:39 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-31-2014, 08:28 AM