My phone notifies me when I receive a new text and shows a preview in the bar up top, but when I go into the app to read the whole message, the message is gone. I'm still receiving and sending messages but I can only read the previews because they won't show up in the app. I have a couple different texting apps on my phone, which may be the problem, and I've been fiddling with all the settings, but I'm really at a loss as to what is happening... it was totally fine and then randomly last night it just started doing this.
    08-31-2014 12:55 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I'd uninstall all 3rd party messaging apps first, and make your stock messaging app the default. Then go to Settings>Apps>All, select the messaging app, and Clear Cache. Let us know if that does anything.

Which phone do you have?
    08-31-2014 01:21 PM
    I did what was suggested and nothing happened I have the Kyocera phone
    05-31-2015 08:10 PM
    i'm sorry if this has been resolved elsewhere but my phone recently started doing the same thing. The texts that i send are received by the recipients but never displayed in the messaging app (both go messenger and the default one) also texts that i receive display in the notifications bar and i get a quickreply popup on screen displaying them but they are not displayed in the app. i have deleted go messenger in its entirety and i have cleared all cache and data for the default app. this randomly started happening only last night and i dont know what to to about it so if you have any insight that would be greatly appreciated.
    02-15-2016 02:53 PM
    Check that your phone is set to automatically update date and time. If your phone's time is off, it can screw with messaging.
    12-26-2016 11:17 AM