Phone receives and sends messages but won't display them in messaging apps

A

AC Question

My phone notifies me when I receive a new text and shows a preview in the bar up top, but when I go into the app to read the whole message, the message is gone. I'm still receiving and sending messages but I can only read the previews because they won't show up in the app. I have a couple different texting apps on my phone, which may be the problem, and I've been fiddling with all the settings, but I'm really at a loss as to what is happening... it was totally fine and then randomly last night it just started doing this.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'd uninstall all 3rd party messaging apps first, and make your stock messaging app the default. Then go to Settings>Apps>All, select the messaging app, and Clear Cache. Let us know if that does anything.

Which phone do you have?

Tiger267

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site
i'm sorry if this has been resolved elsewhere but my phone recently started doing the same thing. The texts that i send are received by the recipients but never displayed in the messaging app (both go messenger and the default one) also texts that i receive display in the notifications bar and i get a quickreply popup on screen displaying them but they are not displayed in the app. i have deleted go messenger in its entirety and i have cleared all cache and data for the default app. this randomly started happening only last night and i dont know what to to about it so if you have any insight that would be greatly appreciated.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel