Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Default Ringtone not changing

Hi,

I originally had my ringtone set to Verizon Airwaves. I just changed it to a custom mp3 (via Settings --> Sound --> Ringtones & Notifications) a few hours ago. However, when I got a phone call, it still played Verizon Airwaves. When I pulled up the caller's info under Contacts, it said his ringtone would play "Default," and when I clicked on that to see what the default tone was, it was Verizon Airwaves.

So my question is, how do I change that default tone? My understanding from the forums is that by changing the ringtone under Settings, it only affects ringtones for unknown callers? But when I change the Notifications to a custom mp3 under Settings, I haven't had a problem with it impacting everyone in my contacts.

I know I could go in and set a custom ringtone for all my contacts, but it would be much easier to just change the default tone so that everyone without a custom tone rings in with the one I want instead of Verizon Airwaves.

Default Re: Default Ringtone not changing

try a reboot.

No luck with that, but thanks.

try the Zedge App.