Optimal Router Settings for Google Play - Wi-Fi No Connection Issue - Multiple Devices

A

AC Question

Hi guys,

Before anyone says "this question has been asked before", I've read all the threads about this issue and have I think my issue is different. Most issues revolve round one of the following:

1) Date & Time
2) hosts file
3) Turning off phone/Logging out & in/Factory Reset

For my issue, we made a change on our home network a month or so ago (renamed it) and from that point on our Android devices have not been able to access any Google apps. The devices include my HTC One M7, my wife's Samsung GS2 and our Android Mini PC (cx-919 ii). The mini-pc is rooted so I have been able to remove the hosts file but with no luck on any device.

I have done a factory reset on the router and checked the time & date settings on the network but all still have the same problem over wi-fi. It even exists when I removed all security from the home network. I visited my sister on the weekend, and logged into her home wi-fi no problems so clearly the issue is with our home network setup. Our router is a Netgear DGND 3300 (dual band)

So the question is: Is there an optimal router setup for android devices? Are there setting on the router that could prevent the google apps from establishing a connection?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Peter