iTunes Google Play Music

A

AC Question

I just bought an S5. I have iTunes on my PC. I backed up my prior Droid music to the Verizon cloud and then downloaded it to the S5. Google Play Music finds the music and plays it without a problem.

I only downloaded a portion of my complete iTunes library to the Droid to the S5 because the Droid had only 16gig of internal storage. With the SD card on the S5 I can afford to copy my complete iTunes library on my PC to the S5. The problem is that I can't find the folder containing the music on the S5.

Is there an app or a manual way to upload my complete iTunes library to the S5?

Is there an app or a manual way to upload future iTunes purchases to the S5?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! My main suggestion would be to upload your entire iTunes library to your Google Music Library in the cloud using Google Music Manager. Once it's in your cloud library, you can stream it from any Android device or computer browser. You can also download the tracks temporarily for offline listening.

In regard to your question, what folder on the external SD card did you copy the music to? Are you saying the S5's music app doesn't see it? Or that you can't even find the folder using a file manager app?

peteramollica

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
The folder that Verizon downloaded my music to in their cloud is to the Vault>>Download folder on my S5. I guess Google Play Music knows that and plays it fine. I really don't want to stream the music from the Google Cloud. That would eat into my monthly data usage...right? I really want to download the iTunes library to my SD Card but I have no idea where on the SD Card to create the folder and then point Google Music Player to find it.

In my Google Play Music settings, I have the storage location set to the SD Card, not internal storage. I found iSyncr in the Play Store. It looks like a good solution. It says it can copy the iTunes library to the SD Card. I'M SO CONFUSED!!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if Google Play Music can see locally stored music files on the external SD card. You can test it out by creating a folder on the SD card called "Music," and copying a music track there. Now, with the SD card inserted in the phone, open Google Play Music, swipe in from the left and flip the Downloaded switch to on (which will only show locally stored music), and see if that music track shows up.

peteramollica

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
I did as you suggested and switched Google Play Music to play only downloaded (local) music and next copied a couple of songs from iTunes and dragged them to my desktop which created separate .mp3 files for each song. Next I opened File Explorer and created a folder named "Music" on Card folder on the S5. Finally, I copied the iTunes songs on my desktop to the "Music" folder on the S5.

The songs showed up immediately on Google Play Music and began playing them perfectly. I was surprised. I guess Google Play Music must look for a "Music" folder or it scans for any .mp3 files. Regardless, it works great!!

Thank you for your help with this...appreciate it!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc