Android Tablet PC received as gift won't charge or come on

A

AC Question

To whom it may concern:

I receive the Android "Tablet PC" Black 8GB from a Direct Buy Store room presentation. I was able to turn it on once after the initial requested charging required for the device. It was good for that time until it discharged.

I turned to recharge it and rather than charge the device the device began heating up, no indicators that it was charging other than the heating up issue. I unplugged the device immediately after I noticed this. Let it sit off for a few days, and then tried to charge again. Within 5 minutes it was almost too hot to handle. So I disconnected again. It is currently sitting unable to use and I don't know what to do or who to contact to get it replaced and/or fix asap. I would like to give it to my little brother for his birthday.

I did try the holding power and Volume button with no success.

Thanks,

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
It sounds to me as if it may be battery failure. Batteries can be bad even right out of the box. In any event if you can't get into Recovery because there is not enough charge in the battery to allow it, you will have to at least try a good battery...perhaps a friendly repairer?

Of course, if the device is under warranty, consider returning it.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar