Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Need advice on getting music on my phone

1) Is there a way to store all of my music on an SD card and play through Google Play Music?

2) Is there a way to store all of my music on an SD card and play through DoubleTwist?

3) Would streaming the music from my phone to car stereo via bluetooth result in better quality than an auxiliary cable? I believe I read somewhere that auxiliary cables just transmit a mono signal.

Global Posts
    30,531 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Need advice on getting music on my phone

Quote Originally Posted by ArmorOfGod View Post
    1) Is there a way to store all of my music on an SD card and play through Google Play Music?
    The last I knew, no. Play can download whatever songs you have purchased or uploaded, but I don't think it can read what is on the SD card.

2) Is there a way to store all of my music on an SD card and play through DoubleTwist?
    I am not sure, I have not used this app. However, there is an app called PowerAmp, and that can read music off of an SD card.

3) Would streaming the music from my phone to car stereo via bluetooth result in better quality than an auxiliary cable? I believe I read somewhere that auxiliary cables just transmit a mono signal.
    Auxillary cables can produce stereo. The difference is Bluetooth is a digital signal, where the cable is analog. There is a quality difference between those two. As for quality another factor is how your music was originally recorded. I don't mind the cable as much as most of my music was recorded on an analog recording method anyway. If I go digital, I will probably hear the faults in the original recording.

Global Posts
    4,686 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Kitkat

Default Re: Need advice on getting music on my phone

To answer #2, I believe you can with Doubletwist.

Sent from my nifty 2 year old AT&T HTC One XL