Pictures in my s4 galaxy that won't erase from my auto backup (gray boxes)

A

AC Question

Problem.....I had pictures on my Sprint S4 Galaxy that I deleted. I went to my Photo Gallery and there is a spot that is named "Auto Backup" which has those exact same pictures still there. I decided to go to my Google (also Picasa) account and delete the pictures from those apps. It worked BUT now instead of the pictures in my "Auto Backup" section of my Photo Gallery, I have a bunch of blank gray boxes that I can't delete. HELP ME PLEASE.....I want them gone!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! First, if you want to prevent your Google+/Picasa cloud albums from syncing with your Gallery app, go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account], and uncheck Picasa. (It might also be called Google Photos, which syncs with the Gallery app. This is different from Google+ Photos, which syncs with the Photos app.) This will prevent the Gallery app from syncing again with your cloud photos.

Now, go to the App Manager, select Gallery, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. When you open Gallery again, wait about 30 seconds for the photos to repopulate again--it should only be your locally stored photos now, and the Auto-Backup folder should be gone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers