Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Samsung Galaxy S3 Charger Port Broken

My Samsung Galaxy S3's charger port is broken. It won't charge at all, I've switched batteries with my friend and it works fine with his phone, so I know it's my port.

I've tried all the things on a website called androidpit and it still wouldn't work and I've cleaned the port for lint.
    and I tried the Samsung support chat on the Samsung website, they just kept telling me they didn't know until someone said the base is 70$ and the rest would have to be determined by the technician.

I want to know what the most expensive cost of a repair, the base repair is 70$ and it's added onto when the damage has been assessed. And I'm too young to fix it myself and I don't have the time or skill set. So can someone tell me how I can either easily fix it myself or how much it would cost to fix a badly damaged charger port.

Thanks in advance.

Global Posts
    9,456 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Charger Port Broken

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    My Samsung Galaxy S3's charger port is broken. It won't charge at all, I've switched batteries with my friend and it works fine with his phone, so I know it's my port.

I've tried all the things on a website called androidpit and it still wouldn't work and I've cleaned the port for lint.
    and I tried the Samsung support chat on the Samsung website, they just kept telling me they didn't know until someone said the base is 70$ and the rest would have to be determined by the technician.

I want to know what the most expensive cost of a repair, the base repair is 70$ and it's added onto when the damage has been assessed. And I'm too young to fix it myself and I don't have the time or skill set. So can someone tell me how I can either easily fix it myself or how much it would cost to fix a badly damaged charger port.

Thanks in advance.
    Have you tried alternate charging cords and power sources? If not, then give that a try first. Otherwise, you'll need to find a how-to guide online (there are many) that should also link to the appropriate retailers to purchase replacement parts.

If you don't want to risk further damage to the device with a repair, you can purchase an extra battery and standalone power source. Keep the two batteries charged (one in the device + one extra) and use that workaround. Let us know how it goes.

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Charger Port Broken

I'm looking for affordable and reliable places to have my charging port repaired.
    I've heard that some Radio SHacks are opening up a Fit It Now center that will handle charging ports, broken screens, and other smartphone and tablet woes. I've yet to find if my local one will do it for me or if I will have to mail it out someplace.
    Just wondering if anyone has used any of the available online places where you mail your phone in for service like these, very skeptical about such services.