Hi there,
    I bought my lovely Samsung S5 a few months ago, really enjoyed it until one day I received an warning saying that my battery is in danger or running out of battery too quickly and I need to update the software. At the beginning I ignored it a few times, but it kept on showing up and it has the Android image with battery sparking, so I started worrying about my battery so I accepted this software update request, and then after that, it became a disaster, as my battery run out even faster than before, and all kinds of kinky ads popping up all the time, even I quickly deleted that app but it can't change anything anymore.
    I looked around but can't find any way to clean my phone further.
    So please who can help with this issue, as I have to constantly stop the ads many times before I can type a message or email...

Please help! Many thanks in advance!

Sophia
    09-01-2014 09:23 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! That was almost certainly a bogus warning, and you ended up installing something that was either annoying adware or potentially harmful malware.

Go to your App Manager, and look through all of your apps. Uninstall anything that clearly shouldn't be there.

Install a good antivirus app like Malwarebytes or Lookout, and run a scan.

If you can't get rid of it, you may have to do a factory reset, which will wipe your data, so backup what you can. Before doing the factory reset, go to Settings>Backup & Reset, and uncheck "Automatically Restore," so that the malicious app doesn't automatically reinstall when you set the phone back up.
    09-01-2014 10:22 PM