Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Question google search not working on nexus 10

my nexus 10 won't load google and google search engine won't work. yahoo search engine works fine. how can I reslove this issue does anyone know?

Default Re: google search not working on nexus 10

If you installed Yahoo and accidentally opted to make it your default it may have disabled Google. Go into your settings>manage apps and check that it isn't disabled. I am assuming that you only mean Google Now search and not the Google homepage while browsing. If this isn't your issue post back and we'll go from there.

Hello, thanks for getting back to me. I don't just mean google search I mean the google home page too. I changed settings simply to see if Yahoo would work when google wouldn't.

Hello thanks for getting back to me. It is in fact that I can't access the google home page when browsing and the google search won't work either. I only changed to yahoo to see if that would help. Now in fact very few web pages will load - seems only those from my favourites are working. Can you help??

Well I'm thinking the Google Now and your browser issue are not related, however it is very strange that they both stopped working roughly the same time... Sorry it's taken me a while to get back to you about this however these are my thoughts; You tried Yahoo to see if you could work around the Google issue, have you tried any other browser? I can't think of a good reason that your browser would stop loading pages, or why it would choose to only load pages from your favorites. You posted this question in a general section, not under your phone maker and model, so I don't know what device you have, however you most likely have two browsers. I would try using the other browser and see if the issue is just in one and not the other. If it turns out that it is in both the problem could be related to something outside of the browsers. If you don't have an alternative browser I would try Boat or Dolphin.

Whatever the result some basic things you can do to correct issues similar to these are;

Clear your cache.
    Clear the cache for the browser, Facebook, and your email under manage apps in your settings drawer. Also go into your browser settings and clear your history. Usually there are check boxes and you can choose what history to clear, but I would clear browsing, and cookies at minimum. Search history is another big one usually.

Eliminate the Bog.
    SMS and MMS messages can take up a lot of your memory resources and cause your device to slow down or act improperly. Some apps handle the load well while others tend to bleed out and affect other apps. It may not be that your pages aren't loading it could be that they are loading so slowly the browser allows them to time out. This could be due to memory drain/bleed from other sources. Save the attachments from your MMS messages and delete the messages. You could also back them up. Some apps have this option built in while other require another app to do it for them. Then delete the 1,000s of texts we all get.

Restart the device.
    I know this sounds simple but many of us who are plugged in 24/7 neglect the importance of an occasional power down. Often apps wait to purge caches or temp files until a power down or power up event.

Go to the market and get AirPush.
    If your issue is related to your browser it could be that another app is trying to use your browser to send you ads and is either being unsuccessful or you just haven't mentioned it. AirPush will look at all of your apps and their permissions and report back to you any that may be up to no good. This is different than an antivirus app it only looks when you ask it to and unlike antivirus apps this one actually is useful. Android rarely ever gets actual viruses however we often don't really look at the permissions we say OK to and sometimes leave the back door open for people who just want to send you ads or spam.

Report back what happens with a different browser, and if you were able to get any more pages to load after trying a few of these and we'll see where we're at.