Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 4G signal strenght galaxy s5

Hey guys, I just switched from iphone 5 to s5 and it's amazing! Being a android noob i got a question about the 4g signal strenght icon, the internet works great as if it's full but the signal icon is lowest it can be, is it a visual bug? I attached a pic. Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4G signal strenght galaxy s5-screenshot_2014-09-02-14-13-52.jpg  

Yes, that is weird.Are there ever times when the signal really is bad, so perhaps the bars get stuck on that setting?
    How to fix it. Perhaps an app Cached Data wipe? Perhaps a simple Soft Reset even.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: 4G signal strenght galaxy s5

Take me slow, how do i do that?

I apologise. It's just that you sounded technically savvy and I didn't want to offend with what might have seemed obvious stuff to you.

Having thought a bit more I'm not really very confident that the Cached Data wipe is the right treatment, but you go to Settings, Storage, Cached Data, and select clear. If it does no good, it will do no harm.

Soft Resetting on a Sammy is done thus:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=xM6_XCxl

...Or thus:

http://www.phonetipsandtricks.com/ti...oft-reset-159/

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: 4G signal strenght galaxy s5

Quote Originally Posted by Xords View Post
    Hey guys, I just switched from iphone 5 to s5 and it's amazing! Being a android noob i got a question about the 4g signal strenght icon, the internet works great as if it's full but the signal icon is lowest it can be, is it a visual bug? I attached a pic. Thanks!

Hey man if you want to clear cache, turn your phone off, then press power button, home button, and volume up button simultaneously and wait (its the recovery) scroll down with volume buttons to wipe cache partition and press power button (power button acts as an OK) After wipe reboot your device.