Can't assess app to turn off "voice read", which appeared for the 1st time in early a.m. today

A

AC Question

Can't assess app to turn off "voice read", which appeared for the 1st time in early a.m. today

Early this a.m., I checked my phone. A message box appeared and said "voice'...something. I touched it and now my phone won't "shut up". The phone is speaking everything I touch AND when I go into "settings" it only will allow the first 5, I can't assess the app that will allow me to turn off the "vision impaired" app.

Thanks,
Bobbi

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Can't assess app to turn off "voice read", which appeared for the 1st time in early a.m. today

What do you mean it will only allow the first 5? The option you want to disable is the TalkBack feature. BUT some apps have been known to cause this feature to turn on all on its own (and won't stay deactivated even if you do so in the options) when they use Accessibility Features, like NoLED, LightFlow, Read counters, etc.

If you really don't use this feature and won't use it at all, you can try to go into the Application Manager, scroll to the ALL tab and find the TalkBack process. There you can disable it (turn off; you might have to uninstall updates first, but it's all there).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress