Hi guys,

I recently got a LG G2 AT&T on eBay. It's unlocked, I live in Australia and everything works fine, except I'm unable to update the firmware as it says the device is not registered. Now I really don't want to have to root the phone, is there any other way to get the update to work when I'm outside of the US/ don't use AT&T?

Many thanks in advance!
    09-02-2014 09:39 AM
    Hi guys,

I recently got a LG G2 AT&T on eBay. It's unlocked, I live in Australia and everything works fine, except I'm unable to update the firmware as it says the device is not registered. Now I really don't want to have to root the phone, is there any other way to get the update to work when I'm outside of the US/ don't use AT&T?

Many thanks in advance!
    You may need to download and install the LG Desktop PC Suite. This will allow you to update the software of the device, among other features. Not sure that this will be affected on your region. So give it a try and let us know if it allows you to update to the latest.

Good luck!
    09-02-2014 11:55 AM
    For me it didnt work.. you think theirs another way ive tried almost everything possible
    02-20-2015 02:13 PM