Hi guys,
    I was wondering if any of you could help me with this..
    I rooted my Kindle Fire HD 7" and installed Ice Cream Sandwich. It seems like it's too much for the Kindle to handle (runs too slow and it crashes a lot), so I didn't like it.
    I would like to roll-back and/or install Jelly Bean on it, since I've tried that OS in a different Kindle Fire and it runs smoothly.

I've searched a little bit, but I don't see how I can get rid of the ICS and install Jelly Bean (at least not thoroughly).
    Can anybody help me with some instructions or a link to a tutorial for this?

Thanks in advance.
    09-02-2014 05:18 PM
    Hi guys,
    I was wondering if any of you could help me with this..
    I rooted my Kindle Fire HD 7" and installed Ice Cream Sandwich. It seems like it's too much for the Kindle to handle (runs too slow and it crashes a lot), so I didn't like it.
    I would like to roll-back and/or install Jelly Bean on it, since I've tried that OS in a different Kindle Fire and it runs smoothly.

I've searched a little bit, but I don't see how I can get rid of the ICS and install Jelly Bean (at least not thoroughly).
    Can anybody help me with some instructions or a link to a tutorial for this?

Thanks in advance.
    I'm not too familiar with rooting/modifying the Kindle. However, were you able to install a Recovery? If so, hopefully you made a backup that can be restored through Recovery. Otherwise, see if there is a ROM you can install that will get you back to 4.3.3 (or whichever version) as you originally were.
    09-02-2014 06:01 PM
    I'm not too familiar with rooting/modifying the Kindle. However, were you able to install a Recovery? If so, hopefully you made a backup that can be restored through Recovery. Otherwise, see if there is a ROM you can install that will get you back to 4.3.3 (or whichever version) as you originally were.
    I think I remember installing that. How do I use it?
    09-03-2014 08:25 AM
    I think I remember installing that. How do I use it?
    I believe its accessed by powering off the device. Power on then hold volume up. It's not the same across all devices, so see if that works then let us know.
    09-03-2014 02:57 PM
    UPDATE: Something happened and the installation failed. Now I have a bricked Kindle Fire HD.
    I need to spend extra money on a Factory/FastBoot Cable; great.
    09-03-2014 05:07 PM