Notification bar won't swipe down

kengwenk

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
:confused:
Not sure exactly when this started/what happened right before this started, but my notification bar won't swipe down. I read through other posts and someone else had this but could swipe the bar down when in an app like the browser, but mine won't swipe down at all ever. The icons still show up in the top and if I read my email the email icon will disappear, etc., but I can't get it to show the details. I've tried powering off & restarting, removing battery, etc. Tried to look around in settings in case a setting got switched accidentally, but couldn't find anything applicable. Would prefer not to hard reset if at all possible.
I assume this phone is not rooted, as I'm not sure what that is and haven't done anything special with it: downloaded a few apps (none recently).
I remember this phone being the precursor to the Razr but don't remember what the model itself was named, perhaps the bionic? Verizon service, fwiw, though I'm not sure how that would impact things. Everything else seems to be working just fine.
ETA: inside apps & on homescreen other actions requiring use of this same area of the screen seem to be working okay, it's also not that it just doesn't recognize I'm touching the screen in that area.
thanks!

kengwenk

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Ha. I'm not that tech savvy - I can read things and understand them and then talk them like I know them. Had not tried cache partition wipe. Took several tries to get through the steps successfully. And...no change in the notification bar behavior. Just won't swipe down.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm sorry that didn't work. Does the fault show itself if you turn the phone horizontal as well....i.e.with the notification bar then along the longer dimension of the screen, does it swipe down?

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt