Need help with LG Optimus Fuel (tracfone)

C Nace

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I am in need of help in connecting our LG 34C Optimus Fuel phones (Tracfone) to the aux plug in on my vehicles stereo. My husband and I have the same phones and are having the same problem as well as not being able to hear music through headphones (not bluetooth) when plugging them in. My daughter tried her ZTE Valet on the same cord in my vehicle and it came through beautifully. Note: there is an OnStar system on the vehicle that is not activated that has a bluetooth feature that I don't know if I can tap in to without having an OnStar account (there's another question for you folks out there). We wait to make sure Pandora or IHeart is playing, then plug it in, with case on and without case on. Brand new phones, no lint visible in port. Any ideas? Is there perhaps a setting on my phone that I need to switch on?
I tried the bluetooth feature on a refrigerator! at Lowes and it too worked beautifully. We have used three different aux cords, my latest one has the brass ends which I have always thought were the best to get. I hope someone can help or these phones will have to go back. Thanks

Ok, did some more research and tried the bluetooth for OnStar in the vehicle, no go. It replied "Pardon?" which the GM site says it is not compatible with my device as long as the device is turned on to bluetooth search. So, still hoping someone can enlighten me on how to get music to play over my radio in my vehicle using the aux cable. Thanks again.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What year, make and model of car do you have?

When using the Aux cable, did you try turning up the volume on the phone, rather than on the car stereo?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37